Jaffé Karl-Heinz

• Ist Euch etwas zu dem Schauspieler Jaffé Karl-Heinz bekannt? Ich konnte zu ihm kaum etwas finden. Er spielte 1932 in dem Film "Wäsche - Waschen - Wohlergehen". Seitdem ist nichts mehr von ihm bekannt. Ich habe auch schon überlegt, ob er ein Kinderdarsteller ist, da es einige Kinderdarsteller gibt, die nur an einem Film mitgewirkt haben.

Oder handelt es sich bei Jaffé Karl-Heinz um Carl Jaffe, der als Erwachsener in vielen Filmen mitgewirkt hat? Carl Jaffe spielte auch in dem Film "Wäsche - Waschen - Wohlergehen" (1932) mit: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jaffe

Bei filmportal.de gibt es auch noch einen Karl-Heinz Jaffé: https://www.filmportal.de/pers…8c7d246cb98a4c0f9cb3d131e

• Hello Nostalgia fan

I am very sorry that I missed your original message; but I hope that I can help you. Carl Heinz Jaffé was my grandfather.

What would you like to know? He started his professional acting career under Max Reinhardt in the 1920s but he was not a child actor. He became very famous in Germany including with Elisabeth Bergner and Rudolf Nelson Revues in Berlin and the Hamburg Judischer Kulturbund. After escape from the Gestapo in 1936 emigrated to London and made his film / theater / radio / tv career in England. He was in charge of the British Army Theater in South West England during WW2 and did wartime intelligence work for the BBC. Then 55 feature films, over 100 theater productions, over 90-TV appearances, over 3,000 radio programs including director, producer and actor of: "Lernt Englisch Im Londoner Rundfunk" (1945-72). His cultural contribution is recognized in the Berlin Bundesarchiv . He appeared in a charity theater production with the English Royal Family attending in 1964. He worked with many famous actors and directors. His portrait is exhibited in the English National Portrait Gallery London.

You are welcome to ask any questions and I am happy to help ...

MFG - The Professor - London England ;)

• Hello Professor,

At the beginning i will say you, that i am very glad that you contact me on TV-Kult. Thank you very much for the several informations about Carl Heinz Jaffé! :)

At the moment i plan a visit to the Bundesarchiv in Berlin for my researching projects so i can also read the file of Carl Heinz Jaffé

Zitat von The Professor

What would you like to know?

There are several questions that i would like to ask. I hope that i don't ask to much questions at once

1. Do you know something about the childhood of Carl Heinz Jaffé? Even details are very interesting to me. Were their certain things he likes to do? Or certain events that influenced his childhood?

2. In the Wikipedia-Article about Carl Heinz Jaffé i read, that he had his first acting-appearance with 15 years at the Niederdeutschen Bühne Hamburg. Do you know which were his first roles and the titles of the first theatre-plays he works on?

• Hello Nostalgia Fan

Thank you.

1) In my Grandfather's unpublished Autobiography; when friends of his parents came to visit his home in Hamburg when he was only 12 years old (1917), he had to think of some amusing performance to present to them (all children must do this to make their parents proud yes?); so: he chose to be a 'Sugar Cube' (Würfel Zucker) - because (in his own words) he knew that his parents thought that he was 'so sweet' (!). He mentions many childhood experiences that influenced his thinking. It will be easier if I give you the link to his archive and you can read the English text of his personal diary. Please tell me if you want this?

2) Carl-Heinz Jaffé 1st performance in the public theatre was in 1916 in the Bremen State Theater playing the part of 'Fock' in the production of 'The Queen of Honolulu' (Die Köjnign von Honolulu). This was followed by: the Hamburg State Theater in 1919, playing the part of 'Fischer' in the 3-act pantomimeCHJ Stageography 1916-66.pdf

I hope this is helpful for you... please let me know if you want to visit Carl Heinz Jaffé Archive I will send you the link...

MFG from London England

• Hello Nostalgia Fan

I hope that your visit to the Berlin Bundesarchiv is a success - please ask for Professor Barbara Müller-Wesemann; she is the world-leading expert on this subject and although semi-retired, I am sure she will wish to help you, please say that I mentioned her; thank you. ;)

MFG from London England

• Hello Professor,

thank you very much for your answers! :)

Zitat von The Professor

It will be easier if I give you the link to his archive and you can read the English text of his personal diary. Please tell me if you want this?

Thank you, yes i am very interested in reading his diary

Zitat von The Professor

I hope this is helpful for you... please let me know if you want to visit Carl Heinz Jaffé Archive I will send you the link...

Yes, i am very interested

Zitat von The Professor

please ask for Professor Barbara Müller-Wesemann; she is the world-leading expert on this subject and although semi-retired, I am sure she will wish to help you, please say that I mentioned her; thank you. ;)

Thank you for the advice. I will contact Prof. Müller-Wesemann and say to her that you have mentioned her. So you have already worked with Prof. Müller-Wesemann for researches to Carl Heinz Jaffé before?

• Hello Nostalgia Fan

When Mrs. Wesemann was a University research student preparing her University Thesis in the early 1990s, she contacted my Father about Carl-Heinz Jaffé. My father sent her all his personal archive material and she prepared her thesis on his story and did some very detailed research. She was responsible for preserving his archive items in the Bundesarchiv; although she did invite me to visit Hamburg, I have still not been able to see them because I have not yet been able to make safe visit arrangements. ;)

• Zitat von The Professor

When Mrs. Wesemann was a University research student preparing her University Thesis in the early 1990s, she contacted my Father about Carl-Heinz Jaffé. My father sent her all his personal archive material and she prepared her thesis on his story and did some very detailed research. She was responsible for preserving his archive items in the Bundesarchiv; although she did invite me to visit Hamburg, I have still not been able to see them because I have not yet been able to make safe visit arrangements. ;)

Very interesting! Thank you for the informations! :)

I wish you that it works and that you can get visit arrangements...

• That is very strange

I do not understand it must be the international filter that is preventing this. It works with everyone else and in USA(!)

The only way I can give you access is if I send you a special link directly to your own email address, not TV-kult.

MODERATOR - I will need your permission to do this OR please contact me on my private email address from my profile then I can send the invite link directly to you ... and you can send directly to Nostalgia fan private email ...? Can this work? ;)